ReBUILD briefings addressing gender, vulnerable groups and intersectionality
Policy briefs addressing gender, vulnerable groups and intersectionality:
List of outputs for Indicator 1.2b:
Building Back Better briefing papers (all open in new window):
- How can health system reform after conflict support gender equity?
- How can humanitarian responses to health adequately take gender into account?
Country case studies (all open in new window):
- Bangladesh: How Menstrual Regulation was introduced in post-conflict Bangladesh
- Cambodia: Promoting women’s leadership in the post-conflict health sector in Cambodia
- Mozambique: Gender Blind: Rebuilding Health Systems in Conflict-Affected States – Mozambique
- Myanmar: Gender Blind: Rebuilding Health Systems in Conflict-Affected States – Myanmar
- Nepal: After the earthquake: Nepalese women’s understandings of health and ways to improve it
- Sierra Leone: Gender Blind: Rebuilding Health Systems in Conflict-Affected States – Sierra Leone
- Timor Leste: Gender Blind: Rebuilding Health Systems in Conflict-Affected States – Timor Leste
- Northern Uganda: Gender Blind: Rebuilding Health Systems in Conflict-Affected States – Northern Uganda
- Zimbabwe: How gender roles and relations affect health workers’ training opportunities and career progression in post-crisis rural Zimbabwe
ReBUILD synthesis briefs addressing gender and intersectionality:
- Developing inclusive health systems in crisis-affected settings
- Institutions for strong and equitable health systems after conflict and crisis – lessons from ReBUILD research
ReBUILD and RinGs joint briefing papers on gender/intersectionality:
- Ten arguments for why gender should be a central focus for UHC
- How gender influences the service provided by Community Health Workers in Sierra Leone.
- Gender and Community Health Worker programmes in fragile and conflict-affected settings
- The role of women’s leadership in health system strengthening
- ReBUILD and RinGs story: Stimulating research on gender and the health workforce and financing in fragile and conflict-affected settings
- The ethics of health systems research: Selected guidelines and studies
- Ten Gender Analysis Frameworks & Tools to Aid with Health Systems Research
- Gender and health systems Reader: Key findings from nine research projects
- How to do gender analysis in health systems research: A guide
ReBUILD affiliate project – psychosocial health for adolescent girls in conflict-affected settings
Cambodia – gender-focused policy briefs:
- Building on our Assets: What works in Cambodia’s obstetric referral system?
- Conflict, household structure and health seeking behaviour: the Cambodian experience
Uganda – gender-focused policy briefs:
This resource was produced by the ReBUILD programme – the precursor of ReBUILD for Resilience.